Sometimes after school snacks can be tricky for everyone. As moms, we want the snack to be healthy whereas kids would prefer more sugary choices. (right?!?!?) I do my best teach and guide my children about nutrition and healthy choices, but boy can it be challenging at times especially with Hattie who is very picky. Gracie and I have found a great snack that makes everyone happy and it’s super easy. It is a chocolate banana sushi roll. In the midst of her wanting and needing more independence (that’s a whole other post), she loves that she can make it all on her own.
note: I do the final cutting with the sharp knife 😉
Ingredients: 1. Your favorite slice of bread 2. Your choice of chocolate spread (we use the peanut butter and co. Dark Chocolate Dreams.) 3. Banana
1) Place your bread on a cutting board (leave or remove the crust).
2) With a rolling pin roll out your bread to make it flat and smooth.
3) Spread the desired amount of chocolate spread on the bread.
4) Cut a banana in half and roll it up in the bread.
5) With a sharp knife, cut it into pieces like sushi rolls.