I have several staples in my closest, but a few get worn more often than others. I also tend to stick to my favorite color…..bLAck!!!!! I just feel it is such a great winter color for blondes and can be worn with everything. At preschool on Monday we made fake snow and my co-teacher text me to let me know that I may want to steer clear of my “normal black” attire and pull out something with more white…I pulled threw and found something much lighter in color for the day.
Okay so my first staple is my J.Crew black tissue tee (I too have it in other colors.)I love the weight of this turtleneck. I feel that it goes great with jeans and sneakers or can be dressed up with pants or a skirt.
My second staple that I should have actually put as my first staple is my 9″ black button up Madewell jeans. Ladies, these jeans are life changing. Like seriously, the most comfortable, slimming, give you a figure/butt kind of jean. Why has it taken so long for the high rise to come back????? The 9″ is such a great waist to start out with if you are still not sure of the high waisted jeans idea. Just give them a chance, you will fall in love. These jeans run true to size….they have stretch, but don’t stretch. Also if you live near a Madewell, you can take an old pair of jeans in and receive $20.00 off your jean purchase.
My Madewell hoops are in my ears daily. They are the perfect size and width and go great with everything. Great price and they hold well.
My new added staple are these great shoes from Target. My girlfriends and I all have them and we love them. They are a cheaper version of the Free People shoes that are $200.00. I’ve worn them everyday this week and my feet feel great in them. I wear my D’Oarsy flats constantly, and these are very similar, just with an extra side. (Hattie hates these shoes and she tells me every time I wear them.)
My necklace is an oldy from Madewell, so I posted a similar one here that I think is very versatile.
A few months ago I started hearing about this AMAZING hair care system that everyone was using. If you know me than you know that I’m always trying to get better, longer, thicker hair. Great hair is something I just wasn’t blessed with. So after I finished up all of my hair products, I decided to jump on board with the Monat line….like I said, I’ll try anything for better hair plus this line has only natural ingredients which is pretty cool.
This is what I experienced after using Monat for 1 month….which is all typical.
- After shampooing my hair and rinsing it, it feels like straw every time, but no worries, the conditioner immediately smoothes it out.
- My hair looks so fresh and has more bounce after I style it. The styling products are really really good.
- This has been the hardest for me…..my hair has been more greasy which means I’ve had to wash it more often. (part of month 1’s detox) This has defiantly decreased the longer I’ve stayed on the system…..thank god, because I hate washing my hair.
- I’ve had a bit of hair loss, but that’s part of the detox.
- I’ve not experienced any dry scalp or itching.
- My hair is super shiny.
- Length…….Of course I didn’t take before pics:/oops!
Truthfully, my main goal with Monat was to have my broken sides catch up with the rest of hair. After one month, the results were pretty amazing. The best part was that my hair stylist was amazed too. She couldn’t believe how much my hair had grown and how well my sides were looking. I’m excited to see month 2’s results.
Here is the list of products of what I’m using.
*Monat ALWAYS has AMAZING sales with loads of free products!!!
- Intense Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. This has really strengthened my hair, especially my sides.
- Blow out cream for heat protection…I LOVE this.
- Root boost.
- Split end repair.
- Refinish Hairspray. (If I’m being honest, I’m not a HUGE fan of the hairspray, but I’m learning to like it.)
- The Champ dry shampoo….it’s not talcy, but works great and conditons your hair.
- Replenish Masque…weekly
- REJUVENIQUE oil….I love this and use it all over my body mixed with lotion. I even use it on my face with my moisturizer. I use it before every hair wash…I do a 15-30 min leave in before I get in the shower.
So there you go, there is my opinion and I’ll be excited to share more as I go.
Check out my site @ mymonat.com/paigemlewis to view products. I would love to chat with you and help you out any way I can.
Over the holiday’s I ventured into GAP to see what they had to offer….GAP can be such a hit and miss. Luckily, I stumbled across a few items that have turned out to be my favorites. These items are all so versatile, soft, comfy and best of all GREAT prices.
*The white henley (which I bought 2 other colors) is so soft. I’ve kept this shirt very casual with joggers, but I’ve also dressed it up with some cute jeans or black pants and fun accessories.
*The red henley is from GAP body and hands down is the greatest shirt to sleep in. On top of that it is lightweight and I love that it doesn’t loose its shape throughout the night. (also comes in a tank style)
*The backpacks are AWESOME. My girlfriends and I all have them and since I had just bought a new purse, I turned mine into my gym bag. It carries my headphones, gum and bands. I of course got the black, but my girlfriend got the pink and it’s very cute.
All of these items are an additional 40% as always with GAP.
Get online and get yours before they are gone!